Saturday, July 19, 2008

Fun with Ding Ding!

Today was a great day...but it didn't start out great.

I was ready to spend the day skulking around, throwing myself a big pity party because I just found out that we have to move in 30 days. Unfortunately, the owners of the house we are renting had to foreclose. And Adam is not here (he's working in NC for the summer) so I'm going through this alone.

I had reason to skulk.

But, I got up early and thought it would be fun to go to Barnes & Noble with Christopher. They have a yummy cafe with breakfast sandwiches and Starbucks mochas and the kids section has a Thomas the Tank Engine railway that kids can play with. Christopher loves it, so off we went!

Once we got there, I started feeling better. The breakfast was GREAT (I wanna go again!) And Christopher was having a blast with the trains, while Mommy read a book about making healthy snacks (which she really needs to start making). :)

All of a sudden, my friend Wendy calls. She's going to the Folsom City Zoo. Do we want to come, too? YES!! The Zoo has an actual train that Christopher could ride. He got really excited when I told him about it. So we played a little more at the bookstore and then left to meet our friends Wendy, Tim, Kaynen and Kenya.

We crammed everyone into Tim's work pickup truck (all 3 car seats fit in the back, and all 3 adults fit in the front!) And off we went to the Zoo.

It was a fun, cute little retreat of a zoo. It's cool because it has rescued animals, so it's sort of a sanctuary. And you get that feeling of "sanctuary" as you walk around. We all really enjoyed it!

My two favorite animals from this trip were a tiny squirrel monkey that Christopher loved, too, because 1. It's a monkey, and 2. It had a little jungle gym in his cage!; and an albino peacock. OK, I know the cool thing about peacocks is their beautiful coloring....but you just have to see an albino peacock up close. It is one of the most beautiful birds I've ever seen!


So one of the funniest parts of our little zoo trip was when Wendy told us that Kaynen (2 years old) started to differentiate between his name and his sister Kenya's. When Kaynen says his name, it sounds like he's saying "Ding Ding"! So of course, we're all trying to get him to say it in the car on the way there. :) It's so cute!!

Wendy, thank you for making my day great! You called at just the right time...and gave me the perfect excuse to not spend the day skulking. It was really a lot of fun hanging out with you guys (like it always is)!!

Proverbs 27:9b (The Message)
"...a sweet friendship refreshes the soul."

Coppe

No comments: